“Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.” ~ St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa theologiae II-II q. 188 a. 6 co.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

2014 Sheenazing Awards

 

Huzzah! Through a Glass Brightly has been nominated in two categories for the Sheenazing Blogger Awards! The contest is hosted by Bonnie over at A Knotted Life. You'll find me in "Best Under Appreciated Blog" and "Smartest Blog." Be sure to click around to discover the delights and wonders of the Catholic blogosphere. Have fun and be sure to vote for your favorites!

A thousand thanks to whoever nominated me! I'm truly honored to be associated with Venerable Fulton J. Sheen in any way. I've listened to his wonderful Life is Worth Living talks for years, and I borrowed many of his ideas when I taught high school theology. May he be raised to the altars. 

***

UPDATE: I did not win a Sheenazing award, but the person who won "Smartest Blog" is the woman who left the first comment below; so it feels a little bit like winning. :) 

Congratulations Kendra and all you other Sheenazing bloggers! It was an honor to be nominated. Thank you to all who voted me for!

2 comments:

  1. If you don't win Smartest Blog, it's because people are stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may agree. I wonder if you would email me at theanchoress@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete